Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Well its started

Hi

Just so that every one who reads this is on the same page I am planning to catalogue the building progress of my Trek track bike (fixie). I will attach as many references to suppliers, helpers and detailers as I can to help anybody planning to do something similar for themselves.

The canvas of which i am begining my journey with is a late model Trek track frameset (60cm) handbuilt in USA from their ZR9000 aluminium coupled with the factory supplied carbon fork. When working at Melboure Bicycle Centre in Clifton Hill backc in 2007 I was lucky enough to obtain one of these frames as a staff purchase so I chose not to provide costings of the parts but I will cover every cost relating to the preparation and detail that is envolved in creating something special.

I already have many of the parts and the list is as follows:

Frame: Trek track ZR9000 Handbuilt aluminium 2007
Fork: Trek Carbon with aluminium steerer
Headset: Cane creek intergated headset (black)
Cranks: Dura-Ace Track
Bottom Bracket: Dura-Ace
Hubs: Dura-Ace high flange track 32h
Rims: Velocity Aerohead Fusion 32h (clean extrusion)
Spokes: Sapim C-xray with alloy nipples

No comments:

Post a Comment